These are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!! I am not a big fan of apples type desserts and sweets, but these are too yummy not to share. I just couldn’t get enough of them.
- 2 cups sugar (or use 1 1/2 cups for a less sweet muffin)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups peeled, cored, diced apples (around 3 apples)
- Brown sugar for topping (around 1/2 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Cream together sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon (I never sift and they turn out fine). Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick. Add the diced apples.
3. Fill paper liners almost to the top, about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes. Makes 18 muffins.
I got this wonderful recipe from http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2010/02/apple-muffins.html