Low Carb Cauliflower Tortillas/Bread
So, I have been looking for a low carb recipe that is kind of like bread and that will hold up like bread while eating it. I’ve been looking for a super long time since I’ve been on this low-carb lifestyle, and I have come up with nothing so far. I finally found this recipe on Pinterest with cauliflower, and I was a little skeptical at first. I have used cauliflower recipes for bread type things before and they just never quite held up or were that sturdy. Although, this recipe actually is the most like bread that I’ve tried so far without actually using some kind of low carb flour. I’ve been on this low-carb lifestyle for a year now and lost 50+ pounds so far, so finally finding a bread type recipe that holds up is super exciting to me. I’ve only made it once, and I know I can make lots of improvements the next time I make it. I only can hope that my next batch works out just as well, if not better, than the first. So, I am super happy to share with you this recipe that I found and here it is.
Cauliflower Tortillas/ Bread
I know these aren’t the prettiest, but they were my first attempt. I am confident my next batch will look better, and I plan to update the pictures.
Look they don’t fall apart when you bend them! Perfect for tacos or quesadillas!!!
The reason these are a little darkened and a little bit black is because I didn’t have the parchment paper that you’re suppose to use. I just used non-stick spray on a pan and i quickly discovered that’s not ideal.They stuck to the pan I was using a little, and I had to do a little scraping to get them off the pan. Even with scraping it off the pan with a spatula they still stayed intact to where I could use them. It just made them not quite as pretty as they could have been. I definitely plan to purchase parchment paper the next time I go to the store and try these again. I did notice that you can make them thin or a little bit thick and they’re sturdy both ways. This is my first batch so I can only hope my second batch goes just as well, and I’m not claiming these are great a little prematurely, lol. I can definitely update once I do my second batch.
- Head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- Rice cauliflower in a food processor (I tried to do this in my blender with no luck. My food processor is small, so I thought I could finish this step quicker in my blender. I ended up scratching that and ricing it a little at a time in the processor.)
- Microwave cauliflower for 2 minutes, stir, and then microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Let cool on a dish towel for a couple of minutes and then squeeze out as much liquid as possible. (Very important to keep squeezing until there if no more liquid)
- Mix together cauliflower, eggs, salt, and pepper.(salt and pepper to taste)
- Place parchment paper on baking pan and place cauliflower mixture on parchment paper in circles. (At first the mixture did seem very wet and liquidy. I didn’t think it was going to hold at all when baking in the oven. Although, they did end up being fine so don’t stressed and have faith.)
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 then flip them and bake for 7 more minutes.
- Reminder given and let cool.
- Cook in stove top pan on medium for 1-2 more minutes on each side.
Thanks to the original post where I found this recipe. Credit is given to Recipe Girl and the Author & book where she found the recipe.
I think these have great potential 🙂 I think you could also play with the recipe and add different seasonings and things like that to make it taste the way you want. Please let me know if to tried this recipe, and if you liked it or made any changes. I would love to hear what you guys came up with.