Pasta Bread Bowl
Pasta Bread Bowl
If you are like me then you have had Domino’s bread bowls, and you LOVE THEM!! So, I thought, “Why not make one at home myself?” Well, I tried it out and it turned out pretty great! I also could not finish this in one sitting, so you can either share it or eat some yummy leftovers the next day
- Frozen bread loaf or pizza dough from grocery store (you can make the dough from scratch yourself, but I opted not to do that. It was easier to just buy it frozen for me)
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Onion (chopped)
- Penne Pasta
- Alfredo Sauce (Again, you can make it from scratch yourself if you know how, but I opted for the easy route and used it from the jar)
- Garlic powder or Salt
- Parmesan Cheese
- Set your dough out if you bought it frozen early in the day so it had time to defrost. (cover in oil so it won’t stick)
- Once it has defrosted take the individual loaf or pizza dough ball round it out into a ball. (if not already in a ball) Then, you need to press the middle of the dough down in the middle and leave the edges about an inch higher all the way around. You basically need to make the dough look like a bowl.
- Season the edges with the garlic powder or salt and parmesan
- Heat on 415 for a few minutes before adding pasta to the bowl
- Boil the penne in a pot
- While noodles are boiling you need to slice chicken into strips and season them with salt and pepper
- Dredge the chicken through flour and place in a pan on the stove around medium heat.
- Cook the chicken until no longer pink and remove from pan and set to the side
- If you are using bacon cook bacon in the empty pan and set aside
- Then, add onion and mushrooms and sauté until onions are transparent.
- Return chicken and bacon to pan and add alfredo sauce (leave a little in the jar for later)
- Once you have drained your noodles combine them with your chicken mixture.
- Next, pour your noodle mixture into your bread bowl and top with parmesan and shredded mozzarella
- Bake until dough is completely cooked throughout