- 2 Sausages of your choice
- 1 French Loaf
- 1 medium – large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- Cheese of your choice
- salt and pepper
- Put your sausage dogs on grill and grill slowly until cooked through
- Cut your bell pepper and onion and saute in a pan until caramelized
- add sauerkraut, salt, and pepper (I like things spicy, so I add crushed red pepper too)
- Slice your french loaf in half long ways
- Add your bell peppers,onions, and sauerkraut mix on bottom bun. ( I like to put them on the bottom because they seem to not fall off bun as easy)
- Then add your sausage dog on top of that.
- Add your cheese on the sausages while they are still hot enough to melt the cheese
- Add any other condiments you might like to it. (I like mustard)
I also made homemade fries. Super quick and easy.
- Slice potatoes long ways into skinny “steak fries” type slices
- Add seasoning ( I use pepper, seasoning salt, and a little garlic powder)
- Place on a pan and place in oven on around 400 until cooked through and a little firm
- I used ketchup for dipping. I like spicy food, so I added crushed red pepper to it to spice it up!