Threaded Hotdog Spaghetti
Okay, if you have kids you have probably seen this recipe on Pinterest. It’s called Threaded Hot dog Spaghetti, and it definitely sparked my interest when I came across it on Pinterest. I’ve been trying to come up with some new recipes for my family and especially for my kids.My kids aren’t particularly picky, but they have their moments. I needed something new that they would like, and I thought I might give this a try. So, let’s find out if it is a Pinterest: Nailed It or Failed It.
Alrighty, let’s start out with what you’ll need for this recipe:
- Straight noodles (I picked thin spaghetti but any straight noodle will do)
- Hotdog weenies of your choice
- Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Parmesan cheese
(There are several ways to do step 1. Just pick whichever way works best for you)
- Slice weenies into small pieces and 1- insert uncooked noodles into sliced weenie 4-5 per weenie. 2- insert several uncooked noodles into several weenies with weenies going the whole length of the noodles. 3- slide several weenies onto one uncooked noodle (I wasn’t sure if one noodle could hold several weenies before boiled them, so I didn’t try this option. I went with option 1 because it was quicker than option 2)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil noodles and weenies until noodles are no longer firm
- Drain and return to pot
- Stir in butter
- Add garlic to taste
- Transfer threaded hotdog spaghetti to a bowl and top with parmesan cheese.
(You could also add any sauce you wanted. I haven’t tried that yet, but red spaghetti sauce or alfredo sauce both sound yummy as well.)